Thursday, September 18, 2008

Philmont



By now, you have probably heard of Philmont. Philmont is a band from North Carolina that has recently signed with Forefront Records. I booked them for Ichthus Music Festival 2008, and was really impressed by their performance-- they are incredible! I met these guys for the first time earlier this year at GMA Week in Nashville. I already knew their manager from another band that he worked with in the past, so I was fortunate to meet Philmont through him. Philmont is a super cool band, and they are just regular guys, which makes them really easy for the fans to approach!

When they got to Ichthus this past summer, they called me so I could help them get to my stage and find a campsite... yes, they actually camped! By the time I got to the front of the festival grounds where they were, they were hanging out with a security guard whom I'm sure went to their show when they played. They had been at Ichthus for 10 minutes and already making new fans before playing a single note.


I took this photo of Philmont at Ichthus. The guys worked the festival grounds for 3 days to help let people know what time they'd be playing on The Edge Stage, and they had a great response with the crowd that came to their show, as you can see in this picture.

"The Difference" video, at the top of this post, is a new discovery for me. I just found it about a week ago. I've been texting Scott (the lead singer of the band) about information for this article, and he told me that they recorded this video by themselves for under $300. That is just awesome! It doesn't always have to cost a fortune to make something that looks good.

Philmont is currently on tour with Pillar, Addison Road, and Our Heart's Hero. Of this list, the only band that I haven't booked for Ichthus is Pillar, and I'm working on getting a side project band of Kalel and Lester's (two members of Pillar) to Ichthus 2009. I hope we can see a return of Philmont next year as well. Philmont rocks my face off!

http://www.myspace.com/philmontrock
http://www.ichthusfestival.org/

No comments: